By Lily L. Tsai
Read or Download Accountability without Democracy: Solidary Groups and Public Goods Provision in Rural China (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics) PDF
Similar government books
According to 5 years of intensive learn by way of the govt functionality venture, this quantity bargains a accomplished research of the way executive managers and elected officers use administration and administration structures to enhance functionality. Drawing on facts from around the country, it examines the functionality of country, county, and town governments among 1997 and 2002 in the framework of uncomplicated administration platforms: monetary details, human assets, capital and infrastructure, and effects overview.
In the course of the 1st decade of the twenty-first century, African american citizens made up nearly twelve percentage of the USA inhabitants yet with reference to 40 percentage of the USA legal inhabitants. Now, within the latter half the last decade, the state is in the course of the most important multi-year discharge of prisoners in its background.
Towns have led how one can wrestle weather switch through making plans and enforcing weather mitigation and variation guidelines. those neighborhood efforts transcend nationwide barriers. towns are forming transnational networks to reinforce their understandings and practices for weather rules. not like nationwide governments that experience a number of stumbling blocks to deal with worldwide weather switch within the overseas and nationwide point, towns became major foreign actors within the box of diplomacy and environmental governance.
Even supposing Argentina's use of genetically changed (GM) soybean seeds has spurred an enormous agricultural increase, it has additionally had a unfavourable influence on many groups. In Soybeans and gear, Pablo Lapegna explores the ways that those groups have coped with GM soybean enlargement. Peasants first and foremost resisted, but finally tailored to the hot agricultural applied sciences, enjoying an energetic position of their personal demobilization for you to maneuver the location to their virtue.
- People That Changed the Course of History: The Story of John F. Kennedy 100 Years After His Birth
- Security with Solvency: Dwight D. Eisenhower and the Shaping of the American Military Establishment: Dwight D.Eisenhower and the Shaping of the American Military Establishment
- American Foreign Policy: Past, Present, and Future
- Forced Out Of Vietnam: A Policy Analysis Of The Fall Of Saigon
- Local Government in Early America: The Colonial Experience and Lessons from the Founders
- Parliamentary Control and Government Accountability in South Asia: A Comparative Analysis of Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka (Routledge Advances in South Asian Studies)
Extra resources for Accountability without Democracy: Solidary Groups and Public Goods Provision in Rural China (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)