By Waldemar Heckel,Lawrence A. Tritle
- Written by way of major specialists within the field
- Looks at a variety of various themes together with Alexander's non secular perspectives, his entourage in the course of his crusade East, his sexuality, the impact of his legacy, and his representations in artwork and cinema
- Discusses Alexander's effect, from his impression on his contemporaries to his portrayals in contemporary Hollywood films
- A hugely trained and relaxing source for college kids and normal readers
Read Online or Download Alexander the Great: A New History PDF
Best general european biographies books
First released in 1927. John Macdonald (1741-96) was once born, and died, a Scottish Highlander. First released on the time of the French Revolution, those memoirs of his days in carrier supply a wealthy landscape of lifestyles within the corporation of blind fiddlers, maid-servants, the Scottish aristocracy, infantrymen, historians, Oriental Princes, servants of the East India corporation and males of serious wealth, together with James Coutts the banker.
This quantity tells for the 1st time the brave tale of Carl Lutz (1895-1975), the Swiss diplomat who single-handedly rescued 62,000 Jews from deportation to Nazi focus camps -- a bold motion now famous because the biggest, such a lot profitable rescue attempt ever undertaken in Nazi-dominated Europe.
Drawing at the most recent learn, Icons of the center a long time: Rulers, Writers, Rebels, and Saints examines the lives of a few of the main extraordinary personalities of the Medieval Era—powerful, ruthless, compassionate, exceptional those that stay largely influential this present day. each one portrait during this remarkable gallery units its topic within the context in their international, revealing what we actually learn about their lives, their iconic prestige of their personal instances, and their lasting legacies in our time.
Margery Perham was once a great impression on legitimate and educational considering on British Colonial rule and decolonization in Africa throughout the heart a part of the century. The ebook lines how the second one global conflict remodeled her view of colonial rule and of the speed at which it is going to need to be relinquished.
- Spymaster: Startling Cold War Revelations of a Soviet KGB Chief
- Hitlers Elite: Die Wegbereiter des nationalsozialistischen Massenmords (German Edition)
- William Rufus (The English Monarchs Series)
- By Influence & Desire
- Richard II: Manhood, Youth, and Politics 1377-99 (Oxford Historical Monographs)
Extra info for Alexander the Great: A New History